Monday, July 22, 2013

Bazzill Basics Card Swap - Ambrosia - My Card


I decided to enter the Bazzill Basics Card Swap.  The paper line was Ambrosia by the very talented Margie Romney-Aslett; I love that line, such bright fun colours.  I wanted to make a FAST card, but didn't want it to be too simple or too thick, since I have been making cards for Operation Write Home (a few more and I will have that box in the mail) ...  Karen Burniston to the rescue!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pop-n-cuts, they make it super simple to make a dimensional card.  Eileen Hull's adorable hydrangeas border die added a fun element on the front of the card.  All of the sentiments are complements of Stephanie Barnard, I used one of her Sizzix framelit dies with stamps and several of her Stamps of Life stamp sets.  Here is all it took to make this card.  I hope you like it! :-)

I really wanted to add hydrangeas to the front of the card ... they are one of my favourite flowers ... stay tuned, you might see them appear in a blog post soon! I had a lot of fun incorporating dies from my three favourite Sizzix designers.

If you are in the area stop by Scrapp'n Savvy and pick up your Sizzix dies, then come crop with us on Friday nights.  Don't forget Karen teaches classes at Scrapp'n Savvy too; I can't wait until the end of August when we get a preview of her newest release SNIPPETS!  They are AMAZING! 

1 comment: