I decided to enter the Bazzill Basics Card Swap. The paper line was Ambrosia by the very talented Margie Romney-Aslett; I love that line, such bright fun colours. I wanted to make a FAST card, but didn't want it to be too simple or too thick, since I have been making cards for Operation Write Home (a few more and I will have that box in the mail) ... Karen Burniston to the rescue!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pop-n-cuts, they make it super simple to make a dimensional card. Eileen Hull's adorable hydrangeas border die added a fun element on the front of the card. All of the sentiments are complements of Stephanie Barnard, I used one of her Sizzix framelit dies with stamps and several of her Stamps of Life stamp sets. Here is all it took to make this card. I hope you like it! :-)
- Die cut the card base from Bazzill Kraft without an insert. Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts XL Die Set - Card, Horizontal A2 w/Circle Label, 3-D (Pop-Up) (Item # 657802).
- Die cut the card base with the 3-D insert from Bazzill Nathan, and trim off the ends ... I popped the Sizzix Pop 'n Cuts Magnetic Insert Die - Label, Funky 3-D (Pop-Up) (Item # 658373) into the base die, lined up my tic marks and ran it through my Big Shot (Item # 658300). Then make your folds and adhere to the base card. Make sure you check out Karen's video for tips on folding the insert.
- Die cut the Sizzix Framelits Die Set 5PK - Labels, Funky (Item # 658362) from Bazzill Lava.
- Stamp the sentiment onto the funky frame, I used"believe in yourself" from The Stamps of Life phrases2say stamp set with Stephanie's Favorite Ink Pads! Premium Dye Inkpad by ColorBox and Stephanie Barnard ... the colour is Licorice, then adhere to the pop-n-cut funky label 3-D insert.
- Trim a piece of the Bazzill Ambrosia Groom's Tie print and use your favourite border punch or die, cut and adhere to both ends of the card insert.
- Cut a rectangle for the front of the card from the Bazzill Ambrosia Groom's Tie print and glue it down.
- Die cut the border from Eileen's bigz die - borders- hydrangeas (Item # 657721) from Bazzill Lava and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp the sentiment using Licorice onto Bazzill Lava and Bazzill Nathan using the Sizzix Word Labels framelit and stamp set, then die cut (Item # 658701). It will be so much nicer once the NEW Magnetic Platform ships in September. Pop dot onto the front of the card.
- Last step ... stamp the back of your card and sign it. I used The Stamps of Life "created4you" set.
- Send the card off to a special someone to remind them how very much they mean to you!!! Nothing beats getting a card or note in the mail ...
If you are in the area stop by Scrapp'n Savvy and pick up your Sizzix dies, then come crop with us on Friday nights. Don't forget Karen teaches classes at Scrapp'n Savvy too; I can't wait until the end of August when we get a preview of her newest release SNIPPETS! They are AMAZING!