Monday, January 28, 2013

Top This! Valentine's Day Sneak Peek



Top This! is my new class this quarter.  I am so excited!  Do you love to set a pretty table, make teacher treats, send a homemade little something to your secret pal or BFF? If so, this is the class for you! We will make four to six different items, ranging from treat toppers, cupcake picks, party flavours, cute containers, and whatever other decorations I dream up.
The cost is $20 and you can sign up at Scrapp'n Savvy Top This!

Owls are all the rage and I regularly tell my ADORABLE grandson knock knock jokes, including"Owl always love you", so I had to create an owl Valentine treat topper.  To top it all off, I was able to use the Sizzix Bigz Die -Frame & Label Bracket from the wonderful Karen Burniston. Love, love, love using a product in a totally different manner than originally designed.

There are lots of cute owls on blogs and pinterest and we have made them from paper plates and brown paper bags with the kids, so I decided to make one, using items I had on hand. I folded the center label in half, added googly eyes, the bottom of a small heart for his nose, candy, stamped on a heart  since it is for Valentine's Day,  and ribbon.  The stamps are from Hampton Art, and the punch is Fiskars(large) My Funny Valentine Squeeze Punch.

2 comments:

  1. Owl be the first to say that I adore this! What a great use for the Frame Label and it's awesome to see you posting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that??? Love it- you have a lucky grandson Leslie!

    ReplyDelete